Church doesn’t end just because the worship service is over. “Church” is the body of Christ seeking God’s kingdom, not just an event on Sunday morning. Prayer, service, study and fellowship are important aspects of faith that shouldn’t be restricted to the hour we sit in a pew. That’s what the Table is all about. It’s a private social network, just for our church, that enables us to connect 24/7, not just on Sunday.
The Table is our new online community at Abiding Word Church. Pull up a chair!
How do I join?
You can sign up for the Table here: abidingword.tableproject.org You’ll need to be approved by one of our admins, but then you can get started.
5 reasons we need the Table:
- Connect names and faces. I’m horrible with names, but the Table gives me a cheat sheet (assuming you upload your profile picture!).
- With multiple services, it’s easy to feel like those 6pm people belong to a different church. The Table allows us to connect even if we never do on Saturday or Sunday.
- The Christian life is not a broadcast of information from the church staff to the members. It’s a conversation. The Table gives everyone a voice in that conversation.
- It can be a solution to our limited resources (staff, money, time, etc.). It enables volunteer recruitment, ministry organization and member connection.
- Why not Facebook? The Table has no skeezy ads, no spammers/hackers, plus it offers a member directory w/ map, a group catalog, it’s designed for the church and allows privacy/intimacy that Facebook can’t.
Now that you’re on the Table, here are five things you can do to get started:
- Lose the default photo and upload your own profile pic. This will help people learn who you are.
- Fill out the ‘About Me’ section of your profile with your interests, gifts and skills. This will help connect you with others at church.
- Use the map view of the ‘People’ directory to find other people from church who live near you.
- Go to the ‘Prayer Wall’ and pray for a few of the prayer requests. When you click ‘pray now’ the person can be notified that you prayed for them–instant encouragement!
- Browse ‘Groups’ and join a few. If you don’t see a group for your ministry or interest, go ahead and start one. They can be serious committees or informal and goofy get togethers.
If you need help with the Table we have three ways we can help you out:
- Visit the information booth before or after church. They’ll be happy to answer questions.
- Throughout the week you can contact the church office with questions. You can also post a question to the discussion board on the ‘Church’ tab.